Friday, December 11, 2009

The Underground and Society

As time went by I was confronted with people who did drugs, for various reasons, with those who didn´t but drank and with those who didn´t do either. I ran into a lot of discrimination especially at work. Granted I went to work all hung over very many times, some other times even drunk coz I´d been partying all day when I´d have class in the afternoon. But some how I manged to keep my first job. Full of fun people especially fun beacuse they did drugs. People at my job were upper class Colombians from bilingual schools who had lived abroad. In Colombia people with those characteristics usually do drugs especially if they are in their 20s.
One of the many guys i met was "P", a teacher where I taught too, a very good looking and sexy Colombian boy. God was he cute, he smoked weed like crazy and did acid and mushrooms too. He was a musician, bilingual and from a very good family. So were his friends he had just graduated from a bilingual school in Colombia that catered to most diplomat family kids, so yes there was lots of money surrounding them all the time. We became really good friends we satrted hanging out together all the time smoking weed and drinking scotch. It was usually He,
his best friend, my sister and I. One day we decided to go camping to do mushrooms for the first time for my sister and I, and since they had done it many times before and it was recommended that your first time be with experienced travellers wen went ahead and made the trip to Boyaca, an area or state close to Bogota, about 3 hrs away.
I had my first and only mushroom trip and it was amazing!!!!
The first thing I saw was the holy jury. In the sky up above a table and about 5 or 6 men in cloaks made of clouds. They told me I was doing a fine job in life and to keep it up.
O.K. ( keep up the drug doing i guess) lol...
It was fun what i liked about these experiences with guys that did drugs was that sex wasn´t necesarily involved I knew they liked us but they were there to have fun not just to have sex. And that was the case in many cases. Nice!
I remember "P" very much, I never dropped acid with him, but I know he did it and very much. I also remember him telling me that he was going to the shrink, the he was trying to get clean from shrooms and LSD because he had gone overboard, and was trying to get better. That was one of the very first times one of my party buddies had told me he should get clean and I thought " what´s wrong with you, why do you want to get clean what´s wrong with drugs, why do you want to give in to your parents and society´s wishes, what about our life and the way we live, the expansion of the consciousness?" Little did I know the very harsh long term effects of drugs in your mind and body. I was 23 I am now 33.
Society was always against people doing drugs; comercials, schools, governments, ( in a certain way), parents, company managers etc... But honestly I thought they were just ignorant, I thought they were just geeks and not cool, people who were afraid of experimenting a little. Now a days I think a lot of people have tried drugs and have partied, even mainstream lawyers, doctors, and politicians. And I guess that because they have tried it they know the dangers of going over board, especially on such strong chemical drugs like acid, herion, extasy, crystal meth, crack and so on. I really never got close to drugs like herion, crystal meth or crack nor any of it´s kind neither did i ever smoke coke or shoot it up. I guess I was alright because of my obession for spirituality.

No comments:

Post a Comment