Friday, October 30, 2009

Inner Consciousness at the Age of Six

I had the first thought of my inner cosmos at the age of six when I was going to an all girl´s Catholic school in Bogota, Colombia.
I remember that the girls in my class used to play they were in a beauty pageant, I really never participated I was just a bystander; I was cute but I really never realised it and I really never was a part of the ¨it¨ group in the class.
Anyhow I was there just watching all the other girls play and I would think to myself, ¨I wonder who is going to win¨. So I started a game in my mind. I would choose a girl and say ¨she is going to win¨, then I would wait for the outcome and sometimes I would guess correctly.
I began to practice with everything, like, is the teacher going to call on me when I raise my hand; I would just have very strong hunches and pretty soon most of the times I was right. ¨Ok we´re having pizza this weekend¨boom I was right. On and on it began to develop inside me.
I think this all started because my parents had always been into meditation and esotherism. I always saw them reading meditation books and practicing meditation. Although we have always been Catholic they had friends who were into Santeria, and we had the odd ¨Santero¨ over for ceremonies and cleansings of the house. Men wearing only white clothing and many colored necklaces representing each one of the saints in their faith. This religion has African roots and is practiced in Cuba, It´s not vudoo, but it has some similarities, but the main difference is that Santeria is only used for good purposes and has almost the same saints as in Catholisism.
In my home there was always an array of mystical situations happening, all very wonderous things, some magical, some religious, and some others medical.
My father was an architect and later when we moved to New York he studied Naturopathy, (alternative medicine), He practiced in New York for 13 yrs.
Books and Books of all sorts of topics surrounded my home. Everything from photography to Kabbalah.
I remember there being books on astrology, the I Ching, conventional medicine and so on.
Pretty soon I beagn to read too. The first book I ever picked up is Called "Communion" by Whitley Striber. Strong subjectmatter for a 10 yr old.
This book is about a writer from New York who is abducted by aliens and taken for experiments. Now I don´t know if aliens exist, but the book sure made them look bad it said that the author had been rapped repeatedly and that they were in his life basically toturing him.
Eventhough, I read such things about these visitors from outter space, I said to myself, I would be a good hostess for them when they come here. I was sort of obsessed with the alien idea after that. But it really didn´t manifest itself until i was 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment